September started out with a real bang! And a super, fun experience! We knew that Joseph Peterson (John and Julie's second son) would be returning home from his mission to Ukraine and would fly through Salt Lake City to do so. So, Jacob and Kenzie and I booked reservations on the same flight as it headed up to Portland. We were able to surprise Joe as he came out of Customs and it was a sweet reunion (with even a few tears shed). We were all on the same row in the plane. So fun! The next several days were spent in just celebrating his safe return.
 |
| Jacob, Joseph and Me at the SL Airport |
 |
| Kenzie, Jake, Joseph, and me |
 |
| Portland, here we come: Kenzie, Jake, Joe and Me |
We arrived safely and were greeted by Petersons and Olsens.
 |
| Kenzie, Jake, Julie, Anna, Joe, Emily, John and Me |
 |
| Jake, Kenzie, JaneAnne, John, Emily, Anna, Me, Julie, Joe, David, Berit, Leif |
 |
| On the Sky Bridge at the Portland Airport |
 |
| Home Again! |
We went to a fun ward picnic followed by a trip to Canby to attend the Swan Island Dahlia Festival. Acres and acres of lovely dahlias. I would love to grow some in Provo.
 |
| Dahlias are among my favorite flowers |
 |
| Acres of Dahlias |
I did manage to get out for a walk and captured this lovely picture of such a blue, blue sky...and no rain almost the whole visit, so just a lovely time. I also was able to hook up with a childhood friend (almost 70 years worth), Karen McKean Springer, and we had a great time catching up.
 |
| Beautiful weather, blue, blue sky |
 |
| Karen and Me on her front door step in Oak Hills, Beaverton |
Joseph was able to report on his mission while I was there and my nephew and his family (Venn and Cathy and two of their girls, Melissa and Jill Peterson) were able to come down from Olympia, Washington for the day. Venn and John and Joseph provided a special musical number for the occasion. A niece and her husband, Lisa and Rick Haggerty, also came by for a visit and some food and games..
 |
| Joseph speaking in church |
 |
| Peterson family: Joseph, Anna, Emily, Julie, and John (girls in Ukrainian blouses) |
 |
| Cathy, Venn, Joseph, Julie, John, Me, Melissa, Anna, Emily, and Jill |
 |
| JaneAnne, Berit, David, me, Joseph, John, Rick, Lisa, Leif, Anna and Julie |
I belong to a Women's group, BYU Women (no disloyalty to U of U of course), and we had a presentation at one of our meetings where I connected with someone from Salem. It was an introduction to one of the upcoming performances, Theodora, an opera by Handel. Sam Utley, sang one of the lead parts and he did so excellently.
 |
| Sam Utley and Me |
Julie and Jeff Parker came to town in September, so we gathered together for a little family time. Missing my sister, Kathi and her husband, John.
 |
| Bob and Peggy, Jeff and Julie and Me |
Sue sent me this picture of Kiefer and it so reminded me of Rog and his passion for fishing. Hopefully, Kiefer will find the same enjoyment his grandpa did and take advantage of all the gear we still have!
 |
| Kiefer Andelin with proper fishing form |
I enjoyed a lunch with our former Stake Relief Society Presidency. Missing our Sharman who is on a mission with her husband.
 |
| I love connecting with Sheryl Clark and Kaye Wallace |
I love connecting with my daughters who live in Provo. We've been playing tennis a couple of times a week, and sometimes when it's almost freezing and we have to wear hats, gloves and coats, but fun nevertheless.
 |
| Jana Maughan, Alisa Larsen, and me |
We had a reunion with some of the missionaries who served in the Washington Federal Way Mission under President and Sister Eaton. We met at the temple and had fun remembering our time together.
 |
| Washington Federal Way Missionaries |
 |
| Me and Sister Danielle Mecate at the Provo Temple |
John and Julie came down for a wedding and brought Emily and Joseph. There wasn't much spare time but who doesn't love a game of Scrabble.
 |
| Fun to play games with Joseph |
"On the Road Again" and headed to Arizona, and then California and back to Arizona. I had a wonderful time with family. I attended some sports events in Arizona and even helped with a little of the prep work on a painting project. I spent one week with Rob and Tamsen and their family at the Newport Coast. We had a great time on the beach, playing lots of games, relaxing in the hot tub, playing some tennis with the boys, eating good food, and visiting with Brian, Jen and Megan Peterson. I even went with Rob, Burke and Hewitt to the Newport Temple to do some baptisms.The children kept themselves well occupied with all the resort activities, so it was a nice time for all.
 |
| Duerk, Sue and I at Colten's football game, trying to avoid the "hot" sun |
 |
| Colten and I after his game |
 |
| Cross Country fan, Sue, Kiefer, August, Ivy and Colten and Me |
 |
| Cross Country runners, Julie and Lindsey |
 |
Girls Night Out: Tamsen, Karlie, Julie, me, Ivy, Sue, Liv, Ashley and Lindsey
October Women's Conference in Queen Creek, Arizona |
California:
 |
| Beautiful Beach in Laguna |
 |
| Burke, me, Hewitt, Truman, Tosh and Liv at the Beach |
 |
| Ruby's, a fun place for dinner, especially the shakes |
 |
| Another dinner at Romeo Cucino's in Laguna Beach |
Back to Arizona
 |
| Colten, a rising basketball star, first year |
 |
| Games and treats with Ivy, Colten, Me, Julie, August and Kiefer |
 |
| Playing a duet with August, so fun! |
 |
| Playing some Twister and glad I was the spinner and not the twisted |
One last picture as fall seems to be leafing, and winter approaching. God is good and life is good and I'm looking forward to what lies ahead in the months to come.
 |
| A carpet of leaves, so beautiful! |
No comments:
Post a Comment