The summer of 2023 has been particularly busy, and more events just keep coming...but I enjoy the busyness of it all. Being with family and friends is a blessing!
JaneAnne and David, Leif and Berit arrived the end of July and a couple days later picked up Anders (who flew in from New York), so the whole family was here. I was excited that we were able to play tennis a few times and added some of their cousins (my grandchildren, too) into the mix. Tennis is a great family game. We also played a lot of card games and the Peterson/Olsen Family enjoyed their 4 days at the Mormon Feminist Family Camp. Another tradition that has developed over the years during their time in Utah, is a trek to see the quilts at the Springville Art Museum. They are beautiful....and so much work. I admire their artistry and skill. (I have many more pictures, dm me and I'll send them to you, if you'd like)
 |
Tennis playing group, boys, Stuart and Leif, recent HS graduates and soon off to University |
 |
| Another tennis player, working man, Anders |
My brother-in law and his wife (Dave and Connie) came for a little visit. Burke, who was living with me at the time, wanted to learn how to fly fish. That's one of Dave's skills, so he was happy to show him some techniques.
 |
| Dave and Burke in the back yard |
I have a group of friends that I grew up with, some of whom I've know for 75 years or so and we try to go to lunch every so often. One of our original group had been out of contact for several years, Karen McKean Springer. She and her husband recently moved to Lehi, so I decided I would try to get her to come as a surprise to the rest of the group. I let the rest of the girls know I was bringing someone special and they should for sure not miss the occasion. Another friend asked, "Is it male or female?" I think they figured it out at that point when they learned I wasn't bringing a male interest. It was so fun to all be together after so many years apart and we did a lot of catching up...to be continued in October when we meet again. The picture is not the greatest, but pretty good for a bunch of 80 plus year olds.
 |
Mary Kaye, Karen, Jean, Ginger, Me, Janie, and Ann at the Olive Garden |
In August, I made a quick trip to Portland to visit family and hear my grandson, Leif, perform his Senior Recital. He sang a couple of numbers, accompanied other artists, and played some piano as well. I'm so glad I went. Currently, he's at St. Olaf's in Minnesota and thoroughly into more music as he is majoring in math and music.
 |
| Leif at the keyboard |
 |
| I love Portland roses |
 |
| Beautiful bushes on a morning walk |
 |
| I think a little person had been playing here |
 |
Lunch at Farmer and the Beast with JaneAnne, Leif and Berit |
I was gone for less than a week, and look at what I came home, too. The garden is flourishing. BLT's here we come.
 |
| August 25th |
 |
| August 29th |
 |
August 30th, the tomatoes have been processed and little ones ready for consumption |
 |
Last day of August with walking friends: Susan, Me, Shirley, Maxine and Verla |
It's been a wonderful summer, and nice weather is continuing which is great. Hope all is well with you dear friends and family!
I think it’s letting me comment as anonymous 🤣but this is Caroline admiring your wonderful record of a beautiful life 🥰
ReplyDelete