It's a New Year, 2016! There are great blessings and promises to be had in this coming year! I pray that all of you will be partakers and enjoy this coming year. I always like the thought that what we have or receive is our gift from God and how we use what we've been given, is then, our gift to God.
Before the New Year came, however, there were a couple of moments that I wanted to remember, one involving friends and the other family.
It was a cold, and somewhat stormy night, but one of my "walking" friends had extra tickets to a fun Bar J concert at UVU. You may remember that last fall I attend a Bar J barbecue in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The group was on it's winter tour. It's nice to have a friend who thinks of others, single and widowed to include in activities. Thanks, Verla!
Blurry performers from Bar J
Me, Verla, Joyce, Gloria and Marian
I re-connected with a couple of missionaries from the Federal Way Mission when I attended Sia Sonasi's homecoming during December. The picture is one when we were on the mission and Sister Sonasi would rather take the photos than be in one. Jordyn Verhoef is the one to the right! Fun sisters!
Sister Sonasi and Sister Verhoef in front
I was able to spend my Christmas in Provo, the first one in a couple of years, and joined the Maughan family for Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day activities.
Me and the Maughan family with Mike's parents, Bob and Trudy Norton on Christmas Eve
The traditional line-up, youngest to oldest waiting to see Santa's surprises
Fun surprises in my stocking, including an ORANGE!
I would consider my family to be among the choicest of blessing that I've been given. This past December and into the New Year, we gathered as a family in Arizona. It was so wonderful to have all six of my children (or should I say 11 as in-laws are like my kids), and all of my grandchildren together. We added one boyfriend and one fiance to the group...so it was really such fun! We had a great time making great memories!
We had a great time making great memories! Hiking, visiting the Phoenix Zoo, seeing the Mesa Temple lights, bowling, having a granddaughter's baptism in the hot tub, hearing from the Peterson Family band, playing games, puzzling, a ping pong tournament and a kick ball game, playing mission, eating lots of good food and snacking even more, kept us all entertained.
Game playing can be a very serious business!
Hiking the Gold Mine trail with Kiefer, August, and Stu
We made it to the top! What a nice view and some yodeling, too!
Yodeling to those down below
A selfie of our group at the top of the mountain we were hiking
Mesa Temple and the beautiful lights celebrating Christ's birth
Grandchildren enjoying the lights at the Mesa Temple
So beautiful!
Bowling was lots of fun!
I liked the giraffes about best of all
And so did Hewitt, Anna and Stuart
These grandchildren loved this old jeep at the Zoo
Jana, JaneAnne, Sue and Tamsen (top) and most of the rest of the zoo goers (below)
Jana, me, August and Kenzie puzzling
Finished product and most of the puzzlers who helped put the pieces together
John helping Emily play kickball
Trying to run to first base...not so good with clogs
Joseph helping Emily move between bases
Lots of delicious food was prepared and eaten...Joseph, a great eater!
Anders, JaneAnne, David, Berit, Leif prior to baptism
Berit after being baptized by her cousin, Jake
Peterson children: Sue, John, JaneAnne, Alisa, Jana and Rob
Dancin' to the music
JaneAnne, Alisa, Sue and Jana, my sweet daughters
Two of my many beautiful granddaughters, Anna and Emily
JaneAnne and Merit
Julie, Jacob, Joseph, John, Kenzie, Anna and Emily
Stuart, Kate, Delaney, Davis, Jana, Merit and Mike Maughan
Truman, Rob, Hewitt, Tamsen, Burke, Liv and Tosh Peterson
Josef Akebrand & Alisa Peterson
Kiefer, Zach, August and Sue Andelin
The stripes are where it's at: Delaney and Kate are beautiful teenagers
The Peterson Family + a fiance and a boyfriend. Aren't they beautiful?
All my grandchildren, ages 23 to less than one, 7 granddaughters, 12 grandsons and one almost in-law
Since the reunion ended, I opted to spend some additional time in the warmer climes of Arizona. I've had fun playing games with grandchildren, going to watch their soccer matches, walking in the neighborhood, going to the temple with friends who are also visiting in Arizona, and just generally enjoying being around family and interacting with them.
A pineapple palm observed as I walked the neighborhood
Gilbert Temple with Carl and Joanne Byers
Another view from the temple grounds
This is how Truman and Rob watched one soccer game
August and Kiefer trying to hide in the pillars of the Post Office
Kiefer getting ready for his descent on the biking trail
Juicing the oranges from off our tree, delicious!
Arizona has beautiful sunsets! What a grand way to end a day!
Looks like you're having a great time down there! Thanks for a great reunion, Mom, it was great to see everyone.
ReplyDeletePatti what a wonderful life! And you are so hi tech--- loved the recordings of your family's musical talents!
ReplyDeleteThe picture of the family band is priceless! Rob and Sue's expressions especially. :D
ReplyDelete