Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Holidays 2018

I love the holidays, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas. We can take some time to focus on important things like family and friends and especially our Savior, Jesus Christ. Through Him all of these important things have become a reality, and bring me much joy and happiness. I hope all of those I love and care about have found the peace that the Savior brings and are looking forward to a wonderful and exciting new year! Welcome 2019!!!

Well (a very deep subject it is said), November and December were filled with the busyness of visiting and celebrating with family and friends.

I arrived in Arizona a little before Thanksgiving so I could take advantage of fun activities that were happening. It was the Gilbert Days Rodeo and Karlie and Lindsey Brewer are royalty, so they were participating in lots of activities. The twins, August and Kiefer had decided that they would try mutton busting and that was a lot of fun to watch. Their rides were short, but with a lot of flare and they had fun! We also attended the actual rodeo and I hadn't been to a rodeo since Days of 47 about a hundred years ago (well maybe not quite that long, but over 50).


August and Kiefer getting ready for some mutton busting


Me and the little cowboys


Me with the Royalty...Karlie and Lindsey


August, Ivy, Liv, Julie, Colten, Tosh at the Rodeo


Me, Tosh, Colten, Duerk, August, Ivy, Sue, Julie, Tamsen & Liv at the Rodeo
We had fun making pies and rolls for our Thanksgiving feast. Karlie was a great help and jumped right in without hesitation. The pies were tasty!

Karlie, Me, Tamsen and Sue cooking up a dessert feast


Pumpkin pie coming up


Me, Tamsen, Karlie and Sue with some good looking crusts
I was able to hear the Rob, Tamsen, Burke and Hewitt sing a song for Thanksgiving at church and there were lots of other activities that were enjoyed by all the family. A visit to Queen Creek included horseback riding, pickle ball, swimming for the diehards (didn't hurt that Brett sweetened the pot for those willing to jump into and swim some chilly waters), and laser tag. We took time to gather around the fire, play some tennis in the daylight and "mission" at night.






"Mission's" play area

A little bit of singing

Grandkids building a pyramid

Laser tag

Duerk Brewer and me playing some doubles against Burke and Hewitt

Rob opening his birthday (#44) gift at adults only dinner
I actually got on a horse and Karlie was a great help
I was back home in Provo for a couple of weeks and was able to attend a baby shower for Zara Manukyan (one of our young adults that we helped get ready for her mission at Temple Square while we were in Armenia) I love the Armenians and am grateful to be included. I also had a Christmas luncheon with our Oregon Soiree friends (feeling sad that some of our friends had health issues and couldn't join us). I so appreciate all of them and the positive influence they are  in my life. We also were lucky enough  to get tickets to the Christmas production at the Conference Center. We made it an adventure by riding Front Runner and Trax and then running to be on time in both directions and we made it!
Me, Zara, Hasmik (Alina's mom) and Gayane

Carol, Janet, Hope, Me, Shirley and Pat
Daisy, Susan, Maxine and Me on Temple Square

Then it was off to Oregon for more holiday celebrating. The first event on the Portland calendar was a Cantico Concert. JaneAnne, John, and Joseph were all singers and Leif was an accompanist for one of the numbers. I was able to see Leif and my children perform several times while I was there. Such a treat! Leif is a great accompanist and he's only 13. We enjoyed some music at Bill and Melissa Kelly's home, some wonderful dinners, a home produced Nativity, a trip to the temple, and lots of game time.

John, Joseph, Leif and JaneAnne at Cantico Concert
Berit, Leif and me playing some Scrabble

Powell's Books is always an adventure...acres of books!!!

JaneAnne and me reflected in a goggly-eyed Christmas ball discovered while shopping

Another grandchild, Leif, is taller than me
Portland Temple with John, Julie and Joseph

Kelly's, Peterson's and Olsen's singing Christmas carols

Peterson's, Olsen's and Carter's gather together (a panorama shot so
Charles and Anders are pictured twice as they ran around. What goof balls!
JaneAnne, Leif, Anders, Berit and David in their Christmas finery

The Cast of our Nativity Production

Game players, Anders, me, Berit, John, JaneAnne, Leif and Joseph
Krampas is captured, the grandchildren are safe
Kenzie, Me and Anna completed this puzzle in just a few hours
I came back to Provo just in time to celebrate New Year's Eve with friends. We enjoyed waffles, games, and our long-standing friendship and we all thought we'd be home by 10:30 p.m.But surprise, surprise, we were having so much fun, we actually welcomed in the New Year.
Marian, Joyce, Yvonne, Pam, Mona and Maxine getting the waffles ready

Gloria, Yvonne, Joyce, Maxine, Mona, Me and Pam watching the ball drop on TV
Happy New Year Everyone!!! Love to all,

2 comments:

  1. What fun times with family and friends. We can tell you are having a fun time!! We are going through Provo on Feb 4th-5th on our way to St George. We need to get our of this cold weather. Will you be in town on the 4th?

    ReplyDelete